This weeks snapshot brings us the long awaited “flattening”, which will absolutely break everything. Sorry. Make backups. […] This snapshot should be considered “extremely, extremely experimental”. From a scale of 1-10 where 1 is experimental and 10 is stable, this is a very firm negative 5. Back up your worlds before trying them in this snapshot. Don’t expect worlds played in this snapshot to work in future snapshots.
CHANGES IN 17W47A
- Implemented command suggestions for blocks and item arguments
- May have broke everything
- Added an option (in Chat Settings) to toggle automatic command suggestions (defaults on, otherwise hit tab to bring them up)
- Most likely broke everything
- Removed the concept “block data” and “item data”, completely and totally
- Definitely broke everything
- Split up and renamed almost every block and item
- Absolutely broke everything
- Added the ability for us to add new blocks in the future again! Hurrah!
- There’s new blocks, but I want to just emphasize that everything will probably be broken and to go make backups instead of focusing on new stuff
To get snapshots, open your launcher and go to the “launch options” tab. Check the box saying “Enable snapshots” and save. To switch between the snapshot and normal version, you can find a new dropdown menu next to the “Play” button. Back up your world first or run the game on in a different folder (In the “launch options” page).
Please report any and all bugs you find in Minecraft to bugs.mojang.com.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds. 1.13 will have a lot of experimental snapshots that may break everything and smell funny. This may be one of those snapshots. This is what happens when Mojang are changing all the things!
Share your thoughts on how 1.13 is shaping up in the comments below!